Wednesday 23 March 2011

Prayer for Belle

This could be the shortest piece I've ever written. And happily, it's got nothing to do with politics, but with life's little things. The reason is evident from the words captured below; they need no elaboration.

My little boy, Tino, who is 5 later this year attends a local nursery. He has forged many friendships and I admire his ability to get on with many people, both young and old. One of his friends has not been coming to school lately. Last week, he received a beautiful hand-made card - pink with a well-carved green heart. On the front, it is written, "Missing You" and inside, it says:

"To Tino - I'm in hospital a lot at the moment and the doctors have said I'm not allowed to come to playschool. But I've told them about you because I miss you lots and miss playing Ben 10. Don't forget me. Lots of Love, Belle"

The little girl has, sadly, been diagonised with bowel cancer. That message, from one little child to another captured so many messages, not least, a bond between human beings regardless of sex, race, colour, religion, etc formed by love of humanity, which we're all born with, but probably lose touch with over time, as the world corrupts us.

I certainly thought it was a beautiful message. It reminded me of the beauty of friendship - all the friends I have had and how little sometimes we place value on friendship. It told me too, that you're never too young to be mature in mind.

I ask Tino, my boy in some of his quiet moments, "What are you doing?", and he replies, "Praying for Belle. I hope God makes her better forever and ever". Sometimes, I have heard him whisper alone, "Make her better". I hope she will get better. I hope you too join in making a collective petition for the little girl's good health. I did say to Tino, I would ask my friends to also pray for her.

wamagaisa@yahoo.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. There is a King in every KID and there are moments when the King speaks to us, it requires us to listen and to understand many things that we are taught by these little once.Love, freindship, the call for help and many other things

    l pray that GOD who foresaw the little girls's tribulation, will arm her to go through it, not without pain but without stain. And l hope Tino will be playing Ben 10 with Belle soon.

    Thanks for sharing Mkoma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending little Belle warm regards and hope his Almighty will help her get well soon

    ReplyDelete